This was a very tough two weeks

Well, I usually try to keep this blog positive and upbeat…but these passed two weeks were the hardest weeks in a very long time. I don’t like to put too much personal info on here because well, you never know what weirdo is reading your blog. But if you’re a close friend or family member you know the story of what happened in vase

The quick version of everything is that my aunt is in the hospital recovering from a stroke. The great news is that she will be ok. It just takes time to recover, but the doctors are expecting her to be back to her old self after rehab. There’s  a lot more that I could write here, and I might someday, but for now I’m not. I’m not sure how much she would want out there in the whole internet world, so it’s just best not to say too much.

stress o meter

I was very upset all week. I was very worried about my aunt, and trying to figure out a way to keep my job, and also be home for the kids too. Glad this week is over. Everything is ok now.

She is like a second mother to me, and this happening is a complete surprise and is just very devastating. She is a very big part of my life–she helped me during the week. She would be here to help me with the kids so I could go to work. But not only that, the kids and I truly enjoy her company and her not being here this week was just plain weird to me. She’s been in my life since day one. But like I said, the good news is that she’s doing great–better and better each day and soon she will go to rehab/physical therapy to get even better.

I'm glad my employer is working with me so I can have new hours.

I’m glad my employer is working with me so I can have new hours.

In the meantime, I spoke to my boss and she’s letting me switch to part time hours so I can be home more with the kids. I was very fortunate they let me do that, or else I would of had to quit my job. Don’t get me wrong–my family is my priority and I would quit me job if necessary. I’m fortunate enough that my husband does very well, and my job isn’t for like our food money or anything. But, with that being said, I still don’t want to walk away from my job. I truly enjoy medical coding, and I worked pretty hard this passed year getting my certification and then the job. I admit I’d be sad to just leave it especially since I’ve only been there a few months. So…that’s where I’m at with that, and hopefully things will work out with it.


I saw this on facebook this week and it helped me feel better.

This week was also tough because I was trying to shield the kids from everything, but they’re old enough to understand a little of what was going on. It’s a tough balance to find because I don’t want them to worry. So for now they know she is ok and they talk to her on the phone. We are planning to go see her in the hospital tomorrow. I might have to explain more then, but I think they can handle it.

I didn’t practice the piano at all since all of this, until last night. It’s amazing how unstressed I get just from practicing my music. With all this crazy stuff going on, the piano just got lost in the shuffle of everything, but when I finally got back to it, I felt a little better almost immediately. I know I’ve said it before, but if I didn’t have the ability to play the piano, I probably would of ended up in the looney-bin. For real. Playing my music just helps me unwind, and sometimes I kind of forget how much it really does help me.

heart pianoI haven’t recorded that new song yet. Hopefully soon I will be able to, so I can share it with you. My other songs are listed in the music player on the right of this screen if you want to hear those. Thanks again to all of you who read this and listen to my songs 🙂

Lindsay Della Vella


Photo credits- Stuart Miles at, fotographic1980 at, rakratchada torsap at, remjith krishnan at

About ldellavella

Lindsay Della Vella BS, COC is the founder and owner of Midnight Medical Coding. Our goal is to provide education to diagnostic radiology coders.
This entry was posted in family update, job related, medical coding, song update and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to This was a very tough two weeks

  1. Pingback: Quick update | Lindsay's Piano Music and Life

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s